dimecres, 29 d’abril del 2009

FORMAL DIALOGUE




-Good morning Mister Ronald Mc Donald, my name is Jackeline. I’ve decided to come here because I’d like to know if there’s any vacant positions in this company.

- Well, let’s talk about it, come in.


- Ok. First of all, can you tell me why you are applying for this job?

- Basically for a very simple reason. I’m about to study at this moment, and I have to face my expenses alone, so I’ve thought about looking for a job.

- Therefore, it implies that you’re not always available.

- Well yes, but my intention was to work only weekends. I looked it up on the internet and it said that this option was possible.

- Yes, of course, but, I need to know more about you and you availability, and your experience.

- I have to say that I’ve never worked in a burger place before; I’ve worked in a supermarket and in a clothes shop during the summer holidays.

- Well, as you know, the work done in a burger place doesn’t need many skills or much specialization, but as the person responsible for the company I have to be sure that you’re responsible, mature, practical… you know. First of all, how old are you?

- I’m seventeen but I’m going to be eighteen in August

- Ok. So you’re available only the weekends, but can you work full-time or only during the mornings or afternoons?

- I ‘m ready to work all day if it’s necessary, that's no problem for me.

- Ok. Well, now I would like you to provide some personal information, so please fill out this form.

- Oh! I’m so sorry! I left my passport number behind…

- Uhmm… that’s a problem. Well, I guess you can fill in the rest. At least one contact telephone number.

- Of course.

- Ok, then we'll do the following: If I want to take you on, you'll receive a call, and then you would come back and bring your passport and a photo ID.

- Ok sir. Thank you very much for seeing me. Hope to see you again.